You will always be safe in the Smile Experts dental clinic!
The Smile Experts dental clinic fully complies with European regulations for asepsis and antisepsis (both national and community legislation).
The entire team was rigorously trained to comply with these regulations, for each and every patient. As a universal precaution, while in the practice, each member of our team wears gloves, mask, protection glasses and a bonnet.
We own state-of-the-art technologies for instrument cleaning / decontamination and sterilization, available now, in accordance with DIN EN ISO 15883-1 and 2 and EN ISO 13060.
The space dedicated to sterilisation was conceived as a septic and aseptic circuit and was equipped with an automatic cleaning / decontamination and sterilization line from the largest European manufacturer:
• ultrasonic cleaner to clean the instruments, the most efficient method of cleaning microscopic deposits;
• a machine for washing and thermally disinfecting instruments according to DIN EN ISO 15883-1 and 2 (Melatherm 10, Melag – Germany);
• equipment for producing distilled water (Meladest65, Melag – Germany);
• sealer for instrument bags (Melag – Germany);
• sterilizer – 24 l autoclave, class B (Melag – Germany).
National laws, the state-of-the-art standards of the EU and Best Practice Guides prepared by international bodies stipulate that the preparation of instruments for dental treatments involves 2 stages: decontamination / cleaning and sterilization.
DECONTAMINATION / CLEANING is performed by rigorously complying with the following steps:
1.DINSINFECTION of the instruments: the used instruments are immersed into a disinfectant (ZETA 1 ULTRA) in a special tub with a lid, labelled and endorsed as “disinfectant for instruments” with cleaning properties and that is also endorsed by the Ministry of Health according to the laws in force. The instruments remain in the solution for 1 hour;
2.RINSING: the disinfected instruments are rinsed with tap water;
3.MANUAL CLEANING: the instruments are carefully brushed, focusing on the joints, notches, needles and drills, in order to remove all types of organic matter, by using an appropriate brush.
4. AUTOMATIC CLEANING: the instruments thus disinfected and manually cleaned are inserted into a special device, the ultrasonic cleaner, the most efficient method of cleaning microscopic deposits.
5. WASHING, THERMAL DISINFECTION, FINAL RISING with demineralised water and DRYING of instruments is performed with Melag washer disinfector, in accordance to ISO 15883-1 and DIN EN 2.
6. CHECKING THE INTEGRITY OF THE INSTRUMENTS: the integrity of each instrument is checked.
The instruments thus disinfected, cleaned and checked are ready for the Sterilisation stage.
The sterilisation is the process by which microorganisms as well as their spores are destroyed or eliminated, which results in the sterility state.
STERILISATION is performed by rigorously complying with the following steps:
1.INSTRUMENT PACKAGING: the instruments are packed in pouches that are specially fitted with a sterilisation marker which modifies its colour after the sterilisation process, thus eliminating the risk of using non-sterile instruments.
2. INSTRUMENT SEALING: the packed instrument is heat sealed;
3. INSERTION INTO THE AUTOCLAVE: the instruments are inserted into the autoclave;
4. PROGRAMME SELECTION: the recommended programme is selected;
5. STERILISATION: the sterilisation cycle is performed;
6. STERILISATION COMPLETED: at the end of the sterilisation programme, the autoclave will display the result of the process and print the control ticket that summarises all the stages of the sterilisation performed;
7. CHECKING THE STERILISATION MARKER: after removal from the autoclave, we check the colour on each bag with a physical and chemical indicator;
8. DATING OF THE STERILISED INSTRUMENTS: on each bag of instruments we mark the date on which sterilisation was performed;
9. FILING OF THE CONTROL PRINTOUT: the control ticket is filed in the sterilisation file, where the date and hour when sterilisation was performed is written down, as well as the signature of the person who performed it;
10. STORAGE OF THE STERILISED INSTRUMENTS: the instruments are stored in specially designated spaces.
In order to guarantee to our patients safe treatments, without the risk of contamination, the treatment space, that is each room, was fitted and equipped according to the latest regulations in force:
• UV air sterilisation equipment, which ensures permanent air decontamination and eliminates the risk of cross-contamination;
• Germicidal UV lamps, which ensure space decontamination, thus eliminating the risk of cross-contamination;
• Antiseptic floors
• Dispenser of disposable shoe covers for the patients to use whilst in the clinic, in order to maintain the hygiene standards;
• Filters for the water circuit;
• Special recipients for storage of biological waste;
• Disinfectants of the highest quality (Zhermack – Germany), used to disinfect contact surfaces: dental units, floors, furniture;
• No-touch systems for hand sanitisation;
• Disposable instruments and materials: bibs, glasses, needles, gloves, masks, oral aspirators.
According to the legislation in force, at the Smile Experts clinic, the disposable instruments (needles, scalpel blades, anaesthesia bags, etc.) are stored in special containers in the treatment room and are handed over to companies specialised in collecting dangerous waste for incineration.
Our patients actively participate in maintaining the hygiene standards by using disposable shoe covers whilst in the office.