We offer our support not only by ensuring high quality services and securing safety of our medical services but also by protecting the personal data (to be hereinafter referred to as the “Data”) you provide during visits to our clinic’s headquarters, by accessing our website or by email correspondence.
That is why we would like to offer transparency for you to accurately and comprehensively know the manner in which your personal Data is processed. Should you have any questions or concerns, you are invited to contact us anytime and we will revert to you as soon as possible.
TYPE OF DATA WE PROCESS, PURPOSE AND TIMEFRAME
In all cases, we will try to collect and process only the Data which is strictly necessary for the delivery of services, in compliance with the Data minimization principle, we shall process the Data only for the purpose in which such is collected, in compliance with the purpose limitation principle and only for the period necessary, as applicable, for ensuring communication, delivering services, defending your rights or observing certain legal requirements in terms of health, financial-accountancy or others.
To the extent that you decide to contact us via a message on our website or by sending a direct message to our email address email@example.com, we will process the Data you provide explicitly or implicitly, such as: name and surname, email address, IP address, browser and device you use, as well as any other information or Data you will include in the message addressed to us such as, but without limitation to health or other medical data and data in your CV, in case you apply for a certain position within our company.
If you contact us by phone, we will include your name and surname as well as contact details in our database only if we scheduled an appointment or if you requested us to send a written message further to our phone conversation.
Taking into consideration that the virtual environment is not always secure, especially when it comes to sensitive Data, we recommend you to limit to a minimum the insertion of Data (e.g. medical and health Data) in the content of the electronic messages you send to us and to rather add such Data in a password protected document that you attach to the email you will further send us and then provide us with the password via phone or by other means, except for email.
We shall not be liable for any security incidents occurring as a result of your failure to observe our recommendations or for failure to take other measure to protect your personal Data.
Smile Experts has been granting a major importance and has made significant investments to implement appropriate Data safety measures therefore, when your Data reaches us, such shall be secured against loss, destruction, change, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, be it accidental or illegal.
Our staff is professionally trained in terms of Data management and handling and our clients and providers also undertake confidentiality obligations. Our computer systems are protected so as to prevent security incidents, according to the current technology developments.
As regards our website, there are security measures for servers hosting our website, including antivirus, firewall, regular security checks and security scanning, vulnerabilities testing, intrusion testing systems.
WHO RECEIVES YOUR DATA?
We ensure that your Data will not be disclosed to any third parties except for cases provided in our cookies policy, our IT maintenance service providers which may incidentally access the Data or, to the extent that we will deliver medical services to you, to providers of medical services related to the ones delivered by us, if certain types of services involve sending Data about yourself.
In all cases, we will make sure that your Data is sent to third parties only through appropriate security transmission measures.
When you become a patient of our clinic, you will be informed upon your first visit to our clinic, on all aspects regarding the processing of your Data as a patient.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Since we process your personal Data, you are entitled to certain rights granted as per the legislation in the field of data protection. Such rights are as follows:
• to request access to the Data (as per Art. 15 of the GDPR) which involves the right to obtain a confirmation from our side that we process Data that belongs to you as well as information on: purpose of the processing, categories of data processed, recipients of such, period of time the data is stored, the right to request correction or erasure of the Data, the restriction of processing or of the opposition right, of the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, in case there is an automated decision making process, namely if decisions are made only as a result of automated Data processing, if the Data is transferred to third countries and what guarantees were implemented by us in order to ensure the safety of the transferred data;
• to request correction of the Data which no longer corresponds to the current situation, without unjustified delay, as per Art. 16 of the GDPR; Smile Experts will regularly update its databases, case in which you will be able to receive requests in this respect. However, we kindly ask you to contact us as soon as the Data you sent us has changed, in order to make the required amendments.
• to withdraw the consent you granted us for the processing of your Data and to request deletion of such, provided that withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing conducted based on this consent, prior to your withdrawal or in any other cases as provided by Art. 17 of the GDPR;
• to request restriction of processing until correction of the Data or, to the extent you oppose the processing, until settlement of this request or in other cases as provided by Art. 18 of the GDPR;
• to oppose processing of the Data for receiving Newsletters, as per Art. 21 of the GDPR, in case you initially chose to receive such;
• if and to the extent all legal conditions are fulfilled you will also be entitled to data portability. The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Protection headquartered in 28-30 G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru Blvd., District 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania; firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone number: +40.318.059.211/+40.318.059.212; Fax: +40.318.059.602; http://www.dataprotection.ro/?page=contact
Please note that there are no automated decision making processes within Smile Experts. Certain features that are related to the aspect of the dental structure, to the extent such are established by using automatic indentation, shall only be used for orthodontic medical services. We will try, to the extent possible, to proceed to the pseudonymization of your Data so that the aspects related to certain physical traits of yourself are not associated with you as an individual.
To the extent you would like to receive information regarding our services, the latest techniques and equipments we use, loyalty programs, other health related information („Newsletters”), you will be able to check this option in the „contact” section only after you confirmed to have read and agreed to our confidentiality policy. You will have the chance to unsubscribe from receiving Newsletters after each message you receive from us. Receipt of Newsletters is therefore optional and has no impact on the quality of the services we deliver for you.
HOW TO REACH US
In exercising your rights, for sending any messages, complaints, you may contact our personal data protection officer at the email address: email@example.com or at our headquarters address to be found in the „contact” page.
We will revert to you as soon as we can, without exceeding 30 days as of receipt of your message.
For further information and for accessing the list containing the cookies we use, please refer to the Cookies Policy.
This cookies policy can be amended according to legal regulations or in order to be in line with the recommendations of The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing